What I’ve Been Reading
Olivia Twist by Lorie Langdon. Review.
- What it was about: Olivia Twist, a well-to-do lady, meets a boy from her past but he doesn’t know she’s his old pal Ollie.
- Initial Thoughts: It was awful. I hated it.
The Turn of the Screw by Henry James. Finished. Review pending.
- What it was about: A young woman accepts her first job as the governess for two children, Flora and Miles at a haunted manor.
- Initial Thoughts: The language is what you would expect from a book published in the 1800s. However, I think it’ll make a great basis for the next season of The Haunting of Hill House (The Haunting of Bly Manor).
What I Wrote
- When Flat Characters Fall In Love: Olivia Twist by Lorie Langdon
- Eight Places Books Have Made Me Want To Go
- How to Overthrow “The Man”, According to YA LIT
- Random Ramblings: Book Slumps
- Let’s Discuss: Politically Motivated Lit
What I Liked
- King of Scars Makeup Look by DeeReadsThings: This was a fun and creative post! So if you like makeup and want an idea for a makeup look inspired by a book cover, check this one out.
- 2019 Sci-Fi Releases (mostly YA) by Jest and Hearts Library: If you like science fiction, then this list is for you. It’s a pretty comprehensive list, and there are a lot of interesting reads coming out this year.
- New Young Adult Speculative Fiction March 2019 by Punk Ass Jockey. If you’re into speculative fiction and want to know what new release to read in March, check out this list.
- #Fangirling Friday- February Favorites by BooksintheSkye – Check this out if you’re looking for a new “meme” to try.
What I Did
1. I worked at a few different schools, including my favorite.
2. I ate at a restaurant called Devine Pastabilities. They serve pasta in a sub roll. Sounds weird, but it was deliciously unhealthy.
3. I took my dog to the dog park and on a hike. She had a blast!