What I’ve Been Reading
Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr. Review.
- What it was about: A teenage girl can see faeries, and eventually, catches the Summer King’s attention.
- Initial Thoughts: It wasn’t really my thing, mostly because it’s one of those YA novels I’m DEFINITELY not in the demographic for.
Everless by Sarah Holland. Finished. Review pending.
- What it was about: Jules lives in a world where time is literally money. When Jules learn her father has been selling his time and is now dying, she must go to Everless and try to earn time for him before she loses him.
- Initial Thoughts: The whole concept is disturbing. I mean, Jeez. You can sell your time. People can steal it from you. Anyway, I like it so far. There have been a few parts where it was a little…obvious?…but so far, so good.
The Stand by Stephen King. Still reading.
- What it was about: An inmate escapes and spreads a deadly virus across the world.
- Initial thoughts: Yep, this is going to take me awhile…Sorry.
Forget Me Not by A.M. Taylor. Reading
- What it was about: A woman’s best friend, Nora, went missing. Ten years later, Nora’s little sister’s body is found.
- Initial Thoughts: I think I have it figured out, but it’s interesting enough to want to find out if I’m right.
What I Wrote
- A Thrilling Survival Story: The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon by Stephen King: Wherein I ramble about a book I loved when I was eleven.
- What Should You Read? 90’s Throwback Edition: Did any of your favorites make the list? Or do you have a few new books to read?
- How To Be a YA Hero: This One’s For the Gals.: For those of you who might need it.
- Let’s Discuss: The Bad Boy: Is he toxic, or does it even matter?
What I Did
1. Two companies I applied to reached back for interviews for next week…so that’s good!
2. My husband and I explored downtown La Mesa. It’s cute.
3. I SAW SEA LIONS. That’s all.