What I’ve Been Reading
Daughter of Light and Shadows by Anna McKerrow. Finished & reviewed.
- What it was about: A young witch finds herself between two men: her neighbor and a Faerie King.
- Initial thoughts: It so wasn’t my cup of tea. It cheesy and sporadic.
The Stand by Stephen King. Still reading.
- What it was about: An inmate escapes and spreads a deadly virus across the world.
- Initial thoughts: I get why people love this book. The concept is terrifying. It’s a little long though, and I can only read so much of it a night.
What I Wrote
- Top 10 Books I Read in School: These are some of the books I think EVERYONE should read. But they’re also the books I actually enjoyed as a student.
- What Should You Read? Fantasy: A chart to help you pick your next fantasy read.
- Let’s Discuss: New Adult Lit: New Adult Lit is a genre that needs to be explored more. Do you agree?
What I Did
1. I had a job interview! Sure, I was a blubbering idiot and I don’t think I did a great job, but it was my first in person interview in over five years. I’m a little out of practice.
2. I applied to more jobs. I read somewhere where someone recommended applying to 10 jobs a day, and I have no idea how you’re supposed to find 10 jobs that you qualify for and that you’re interested in doing a day. Seriously. Rant done.
3. I went to the beach (we go every weekend). The ocean is seriously my favorite thing ever. I love how the water feels against my skin, I love the sand, I love the sounds, and I love the smell.