1. I’ve been avoiding Wintersong for awhile because I thought I would hate it, but in all honesty, I kind of like it. I love darker stories, especially when they’re creepy and dreamlike. Wintersong definitely fits those descriptors, so I’m not sure why I didn’t pick it up before.
2. My husband and I got rid of our TV in our bedroom, and I’ve been reading so much more. I’m not even that crazy about watching television, but I guess it was a bit of a distraction.
1. I’m such a slow writer. I’m definitely not someone who just gets everything down on paper quickly. I put way too much thought into each word, each sentence. At least with creative writing…I don’t do this with my blog (obviously haha). I guess it probably makes my writing better the first round, but I’m starting to think I need to let go and just write. But how the hell do I do that?!
2. I’m really conscious of being too obvious. I hate reading a predictable book, so I would hate to write one. But it is hard, because I’m not always sure if something is going to be obvious to my reader. Of course things are obvious to me because I know where the story goes…but yeah, I struggle with that.
1. I miss hiking, so I’m excited to live somewhere where the weather isn’t too hot. It went from winter to summer where I’m from, and it was miserable! I pretty much haven’t been on a good hike since February just because of weather. It was either storming or miserably hot. There was no in-between.
2. There’s a PHYSICAL Amazon bookstore here. This might kill my personal budget.