- Goals: 4
- Total Read: 7
Books Read (titles hyperlinked if reviewed)
- Carve the Mark by Veronica Roth: I mean, I didn’t enjoy this one at all. But I don’t think I need to rant anymore about it.
- Cruel Prince by Holly Black: This one had a lot of hype, and while there were elements I enjoyed, I didn’t think it lived up to the hype.
- Welcome to Night Vale by Joseph Fink and Jeffrey Cranor: I picked this up because I’m a fan of the podcast, and while it’s not my favorite read, I definitely enjoyed it.
- Uprooted by Naomi Novik: I. LOVED. This. Book.
- The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss: This was my first real “high fantasy” novel, and I loved it. I can’t wait to read the second book, but I’m trying to hold off seeing that the third book doesn’t even have a release date yet.
- A Shade of Vampire by Bella Forrest: This and Carve the Mark are tied for the dishonor of “worst read of the month”. Seriously though, I hate it. I’ll be releasing my review tomorrow, so stay tuned.
- The Shining by Stephen King: I’m a HUGE Stephen King fan, so I was super excited to start reading this one. Stay tuned for my review.
- Room by Emma Donoghue: I tried, really. This was on my Tackling My Shelves list, and I’ve had it on my bookshelf for a few years. I had heard so many good things about it, but I honestly could not get into it. This one’s going to the used book store as a trade-in.
- The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck: I think I just wasn’t in the mood for this one. I’ll try to pick it up later, maybe in the summer when I’m not teaching.
- Shadowhunters (the TV Show). This is more of a rant, really.
- Caraval by Stephanie Gerber.
- A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L’Engle.
- A Separate Peace by John Knowles